Monday, April 29, 2013

Two warm days

We've had two warm days at or approaching 80 degrees that seems to have kick started Spring into overdrive.
The wild phlox has burst into bloom.  These seem a little out of focus but actually the blurriness was due to them blowing around in low light while I was trying to photograph them.
This violet was pushing itself out of the leaves in among the trees bordering my garden.
The first apple blossom to open on my Earliblaze apple tree.  Other apple trees are quickly reaching the bloom stage.
These blossoms on my Montmorency cherry trees opened today too.
The buds that I photographed yesterday on my pear trees were open today.  I took these pictures too late in the evening to catch bees working the blossoms but I expect that they were busy today.

No comments: